Preparing to take the PTA TEAS® Test at the
Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
Upcoming PTA TEAS Test dates
| ||Date||Start Time ||Campus
|Sat||April 08, 2017||8:00 AM||Media
|Wed||April 19, 2017||4:30 PM||Media
|Sat||May 06, 2017||8:00 AM||Media
|Sat||May 20, 2017||8:00 AM||Media
|Sat||June 10, 2017||8:00 AM||Media
|Wed||June 21, 2017||4:30 PM||Media
Candidates must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time.
*Note: additional testing dates may be scheduled, based on student need.
Each candidate must provide the following documentation to verify
their eligibility to take the ATI TEAS® (Test of Essential Academic
Skills) exam and enroll in the Physical Therapist Assistant program of study:
Each candidate must complete a P.I.T. application form and meet
with an Enrollment Advisor to discuss the Admission process for
the PTA Program.
Each candidate must pay a $80 non-refundable first-time
testing fee payment ($60 for re-tests) to
the P.I.T. Business Office (Please note: The Business Office will
NOT accept personal checks.)
After paying the testing fee, the candidate will bring the receipt
to the Innovation Center to meet with the Coordinator to schedule a
testing date and time.
Only candidates who have completed an application, met with an
Enrollment Advisor, and paid the testing fee (prior to the testing
date), will be scheduled for testing.
Instructions for Taking the TEAS® Test
The TEAS® test is an online proctored exam. Plan on the testing process
taking 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
All candidates/testers must create an ATI account prior to taking the test.
You can create an account at
by clicking on CREATE NEW
ACCOUNT at the top of the screen and following the screen prompts.
DO NOT select “Register for TEAS” from the side menu.
You need to select that you will be taking your testing at
Pennsylvania Institute of Technology -- Allied Health. It is
very important that you select the correct testing location in
order for your test results to be scored for admission into
the PTA Program. *Note: Candidates for the PIT PTA Program must
take the TEAS V® Test on the Media Campus only. No other testing
location is available.
You will be asked to create an ID & password. You must bring this ID &
password with you the day you test.
On the day of the test:
- The proctor will meet you on the Porch (located outside of Admissions).
- If you are testing on a Saturday, you MUST arrive no later than 7:45 a.m.
- If you are testing on a Wednesday, you MUST arrive no later than 4:15 p.m.
- If you arrive without your ATI ID and password you will NOT be permitted to stay for testing.
- A photo ID is REQUIRED to sit for testing.
- Testing begins promptly at the scheduled time.
- Late arrivals will NOT be admitted into the testing area.
- You may NOT bring the following into the testing area:
- cell phones,
- electronic devices of any kind,
- family, friends, and children.
- The TESTING FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
After Completing the Test
- You can view your results by logging on to the ATI website.
- The proctor is not permitted to interpret results.
- The PTA Program Director will call you to discuss the results of your exam.
- Achieving a satisfactory score on the TEAS® does NOT guarantee admission into P.I.T.’s Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- A candidate who achieves satisfactory scores on the TEAS® will receive instructions on how to proceed.
- A candidate who does not achieve satisfactory scores will be given directions on retesting.
- PTA candidates may only retake the TEAS® test one time for any PTA start.
Unable to Attend Your Scheduled Test Date?
If you are unable to attend your scheduled testing date, a notice of
72 hours prior to your testing date is required for you to cancel and
reschedule. Failure to do so will require that you pay the testing fee again.
You must contact the Coordinator in the Innovation Center to cancel your testing date
and to reschedule your test. The rescheduled date and time will depend
upon the availability of testing openings.