Pennsylvania Institute of Technology graduates usually have three choices to make:
- Continue their education to obtain a bachelor’s degree
- Start a job in their field
- Work in their field while pursuing a bachelor’s degree on a part-time basis
Graduates who seek employment may utilize the college’s free placement program.
The academic programs of P.I.T. are either associate degree or career certificate.
- Associate degree programs are for students who wish to develop skills for entry-level employment
or transfer to a four-year institution.
- Career certificate programs are for students who wish to develop skills for
entry-level employment in less than two years.
- Students can pursue a career certificate program and then choose to continue their education to
graduate with an associate degree.
P.I.T. offers two-year associate degrees in:
- Allied Health – Clinical Medical Assistant
- Allied Health – Medical Billing and Coding
- Allied Health – Pharmacy Technician
- Allied Health – Practical Nursing
- Applied Engineering
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
Dual Associate Degree
Students can pursue a dual associate degree. Students must complete the requirements for the Architecture and Civil
Engineering and Business Administration programs.
The Practical Nursing program is a three-semester curriculum which prepares graduates to sit for the Practical Nursing
(NCLEX-PN) examination. After passing the exam, graduates are qualified for entry-level positions requiring an LPN license.
Nursing students can achieve an A.S. degree in Allied Health/Practical Nursing. This requires additional classes. Licensed
Practical Nurses may also enter LPN-to-BSN programs.
P.I.T.'s School of Professional Programs offers Allied Health career certificates in:
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
These nine-month programs prepare graduates to take industry certification examinations.
Allied Health career certificate students can complete additional courses for an associate degree.