Students pursuing an A.S. Degree in AHT can expect maximum opportunities for health care professionals in Clinical Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Pharmacy Technician or Practical Nursing by continuing their collegiate education. The A.S. in AHT Degree provides students with additional knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values that will enhance their career mobility in the health care setting. This degree also prepares students to pursue further education at the bachelor’s degree level.
- The major objectives of an A.S. Degree in AHT are as follows:
- Provide students the opportunity to explore the allied health field prior to committing to a specific clinical discipline
- Provide graduates of P.I.T. Certificate programs in Clinical Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Pharmacy Technician, and Practical Nursing the opportunity to gain the added expertise needed to expand their professional roles in the health care system
- Broaden the knowledge base in the health care professional’s discipline
- Enable students to build a curriculum in concert with their personal, educational, and employment goals
- Provide students with a seamless transition to continue their education at the bachelor’s degree level